Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Nature Lovers

My aim is to bring together nature lovers from Shipton and Hampen and a few of our neighbouring villages where people have expressed a particular interest. This group provides an opportunity for us to share our photos and sightings, seek advice, share knowledge and experiences and hopefully learn a few things on the way.

In my mind it would be wonderful to understand more about the biodiversity we have on our doorstep and in doing so hopefully give nature a home and a helping hand. I’d love to build up a picture of what animals and birds we have here throughout the seasons, who feeds and cares for what for example.

I’d like to think we can undertake some practical activities going forward perhaps community projects such as installing nest boxes, hedgehog houses, water and feeding stations. There is also an opportunity in helping each other make our gardens and village green spaces more wildlife friendly.

All ideas and suggestions welcome for ensuring that we can enjoy this page and all get something from it. You can be as active or non active as you like !!

Ideally I would prefer to keep this group free of hunt supporters please.

Please be aware that this is a private members group. To join, please contact the group admins via our facebook page.

Kate Hathaway